This is usually caused due to our bad daily habits. Certain foods we eat, beverages we drink, age and smoking all cause our teeth to turn yellow from white. Tooth discoloration is mainly caused due to beverages like soda, coffee and wine. These substances enter our teeth enamel and cause a long- term discoloration.
This kind of discoloration can generally be treated with usual cleaning and whitening treatments. Some of the remedies which can used at home are:
- Brush your teeth regularly, at least twice a day. Brushing and flossing can reduce bacteria in your mouth and prevent building of plaque. Also, ensure you go for regular dental cleaning so that your teeth remain white and clean
- You can make a paste of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide and use it to brush your teeth. Alternatively, you can use the same ingredients to make a mouth wash and use it. It is said that this combination helps to remove bacteria and plaque build-up.
- Another way is oil pulling (use coconut oil). It is said that oil pulling has whitening effects, which will reduce plaque build-up that has caused discoloration
- Apple cider vinegar is also said to reduce yellowness of our teeth. However, prolonged usage of it can also cause damage to the structure of our teeth. Hence, it should be used with precaution.
- We can also rub orange, lemon or banana peels on our teeth. It is believed that the d-limonene and the citric acid, which is found in these fruits can whiten your teeth.
- Activated charcoal is also said to help whitening your teeth. It is believed that charcoal can remove stains and pigments from your teeth. It also helps to get rid of bacteria. There are many toothpastes available in the market which has activated charcoal in them.
- Lastly, eat lots of fruits and veggies that have good water content. It is believed that the water content in fruits can remove plaque, bacteria and stains, which have led to this yellowness of our teeth.
Some yellow teeth still require dental treatment which cannot be sorted at home. There are also some teeth whitening strips available in the market, which can help a lot. The Willows Trader has got the best Teeth Whitening Strips UK at best offers. They can remove stains caused due to coffee, tea, tobacco and also the ones which have evolved due to age and medication.
They are very easy and convenient to use too. Besides whitening your teeth, these strips also help improve your breath with its fresh fragrance.
Every time you try to whiten your teeth you need to be very careful. As anything in extra amount can damage your teeth. Specially any damage to gums and enamel can lead to sensitivity and cavities. As it is said “precaution is better than cure”, it is better that you take care of your teeth and maintain proper oral care hygiene to avoid any kind of stain or damage to your teeth.
Jon Mike is a professional content writer and blogger. He has more than 5 years of writing and digital marketing experience in the field for health, SEO Content technology, and real estate etc. I can post content for better ranking in major search engine. https://www.max90hyperfuses.co.uk