Stockings are a style must have that have been around for centuries. Not only do they look chic, thy also offer support and warmth. They are made in a variety of fabrics ranging from silk, wool, nylon, or lycra. They may also be made of mixed fabric for added dimension and style. They come in a variety of colours and styles, and can also vary according to the fit they offer.
Stockings are the style element that can transform the simplest of clothing and make anyone look polished or fun, depending on the type of stocking chosen. Of course, the transparent variety is found in almost every woman’s drawer, but there are ways to express style through the whole range of colourful, patterned stockings too. With a few tricks and trips, one can go stockings shopping and include the best pieces into the wardrobe.
History of Charnos Elegance Stockings
It is a strange by true fact that stockings were originally worn by men as a part of their everyday clothing. In modern times, men wear stockings under their kilts in Scotland.
Stockings were made of woven cloth in the 16th century, until the arrival of knitting machines. After that came different varieties like cotton, woollen, and silk.
Earlier, in the 1940s, they were used to make a woman’s legs look tidy and slim. They also used belts and garters to hold the stockings up tightly.
In the 20th century, stockings are being worn to keep the cold out and also to make a style statement.
Stockings Shopping Online
When it comes to buying stockings, certain things need to be kept in mind. The first important thing is to keep the skin colour in mind, if one is buying sheer stockings. If stockings are being bought to keep the cold out, one should pick a warmer fabric like wool. For a sheen on the legs and make them look even-toned, one should go for Lycra or nylon stockings.
With an elegant evening skirt, sheer delicate stockings should be used.
Printed stockings should be bought with caution, as not all prints look good when they stretch out over the leg. Particularly at work, a simple loom should be picked over a very printed design. Light embroidery, small prints and shimmer are some options one can go for while dressing up for an event.
Modern stockings are also significantly easier to wear, since they have elasticated waistbands that can simply be pulled over the waist. In older times, ones had to fix them with belts to hold them up.
Here are some easy tips to make sure you pick the right charnos tights for every occasion.
- A good quality rocking is an investment that can help the leg look slim and last a long time if handled carefully. Cheaper varieties may be easier to buy but have high chances of getting runs on them.
- For a tall, lean look, one can match the stockings to the colour of the shoes they are wearing. This helps elongate the body and offers a clean line.
- Skin coloured stockings picked according to the skin tone are the best option for every occasion. Black stockings should be worn carefully since they add a hint of glamour.
- For a costume-like dress up, one may pick stockings with a print.
- Thicker Gabriella stockings should be picked according to the shape of the leg and the fit they offer. Loose stockings seldom look good, while a too-tight pair can feel very uncomfortable.
- A simple rule of thumb is that darker colours give a slimming effect while lighter colours add dimension and can add weight to the look.
- Prints, patterns and bright colours add a lot of visual focus to the legs and should be chosen with care. Shorter women should avoid too-large prints since they can make the legs look stumpy. Tall women should choose the patterns carefully since the excessive leg area can make a stocking seem like the focal point of an outfit and seem overwhelming.
- For those with thicker calves or bulkier knees, dark, neutral shades work better. A higher denier can also help the legs look lean.
- To cover up veins or blemishes on the legs, one should pick stockings weaved in a 40 denier or higher. The opacity can help conceal any skin veins and blemishes and offer a clean look.
- For more mature skins, stockings that offer a hint of a sine or gloss can help add a youthful sheen to the skin.
- Stockings that are a size too small seldom look good. It is better to find a comfortable pair that fits well and doesn’t run easily upon stretching.
- If wearing stockings with an open shoe, it is better to get a shade darker than the skin tone to add a little dimension. The seam should be carefully put over the toe to avoid any snags.
Jaspreet is a blogger who loves to write about anything that is related to Beauty, Fashion, Business, Travel and Lifestyle Blogger by passion.