With the influx of development in terms of architectural advances and the constant need to erect more buildings, the phenomenon called – ‘Natural Lighting’ is a concept that is far from sight. Skyscrapers built facing each other, often parallel, create the problem wherein not all areas surrounding homes, have adequate lighting.
Trends have changed throughout the advent of the humble ‘Edison bulb’ through centuries to accommodate tackling this issue of inadequate lighting. Now not only does lighting mean – lighting up the room or space. But there is this inherent need for humans to acquire the different trendy lighting fixtures that could stand out as a statement in the house of lighting.
Domestic lighting has become a crucially important factor in every household and trends keep changing every year. To help you make the right choice for various rooms within your homes, apartments, and villas, here’s a guide.
- Design every room individually: Domestic lighting is not about a ‘one size fits all’ mentality. Each room has a specific purpose of fulfilling according to the owner’s choice. Each room imbibes a different mood-setting. Changing up the lighting in every room could emphasize the setting one prefers. There are nooks and corners within homes that require special lighting such as; wall lighting to illuminate the wall of family photos.
- Always combine lighting forms: To make specific areas in a room segregated yet united in a holistic aesthetic sense, combine lighting forms. Depending on the activity performed in the room, conserve energy by opting for one source of lighting when other sections of the room aren’t in use. For example, use a table lamp or floor standing lamp to cozy up in an area of the room to begin your reading, instead of turning on the main lights of the room.
- Avoid causing reflections: As you go through your living space the first few times before moving, make sure to note the course natural lighting takes in rooms. Avoid putting up lighting fixtures that reflect any form of light as they can become a hurdle to comfortable living.
- Consider the color temperature of the room: Lighting can change the color temperature of any given room. It doesn’t matter if it is a bulb, chandelier, pendant light, ceiling light or standing floor lighting. It can shine as a cool – bluish temperature or warm light, neutral white lighting. All these various forms of lighting set a single tone to the mood of a room. This has to be taken care of depending on personal taste and the requirement of the room.
- Install motion detectors at home: The best way to use a product is to do it sustainably. Using lighting sustainably is a facet of domestic lighting that is ignored often. Having placed motion detectors in your rooms can ensure the sustainable use of lighting and electricity, thus causing the least kind of discomfort to the environment. Especially if you have families with smaller kids, it is harder to keep track of all lighting in the house according to them. Having motion detectors can save time and energy resources.
Jaspreet is a blogger who loves to write about anything that is related to Beauty, Fashion, Business, Travel and Lifestyle Blogger by passion.