Linksys range extenders repeat the WiFi signals coming from your wireless router to extend its range and coverage. These devices take the wireless signals from the existing router and rebroadcast them to the region where WiFi connectivity is poor or totally non-existent. In other words, the WiFi range extenders boost the current signals beyond their typical coverage and even improve the experience with WiFi. In order to bring dead zones or blind spots to life and end the mystery, Linksys extender setup is the simplest and economical way.
Before setting up the extender, you must know the model number as well as the hardware version of your device. If you are completely unfamiliar with the process of finding the hardware version of your extender, read the following tutorial carefully and discover how to do so. Let’s get started.
How and Where to Discover the Hardware Version of Linksys WiFi Extender?
On the off chance that you own a Linksys wireless range extender and you need to discover its hardware version, make use of the label of your gadget to discover it. For the greater part of the extenders, finding the hardware version and other data is as simple as that.
The serial number, hardware version, MAC address and the model number of the WiFi range extender is normally situated at the rear side of the extender itself. The hardware version of extender is permanent and can’t be changed or upgraded.
No matter what the model number of your Linksys extender, the default web-based setup page i.e. extender.linksys.com remains the same.
Where to Find the Firmware Version of WiFi Range Extender?
The firmware variant of extender can be upgraded from time to time. In order to discover the firmware variant, walk through the instructions highlighted below:
- Plug in the Linksys extender to a power socket.
- Ensure that the proper power is being supplied to the range extender.
- Turn on your computer.
- Open the latest version of one of the installed web browsers on your PC.
- In the address field, type Linksys extender.linksys.com web address.
- Re-check the entered web URL and hit enter key.
- You will be accompanied by the Linksys extender login webpage.
- At that point, type the default username and passphrase of the extender into their separate fields.
When you are signed in to your wireless extender settings page, find the update option. From here, you can check the firmware version of your extender.
How to Upgrade the Firmware Version of Linksys Extender?
In order to update the firmware variant of your extender, pursue these below-given instructions:
- Put the wireless extender on power.
- Switch on a PC or laptop.
- Pull up a web browser of your choice.
- On the very top-left side of the browser window, you will see an address bar field.
- Head over to extender.linksys web address.
- Doing so will open the linksys extender.linksys.com webpage.
- Type the user ID and password to continue.
- Once logged in, click on firmware update option.
Double check if the firmware of your extender has been updated or not. In case you find any trouble while finding or updating the hardware version of Linksys extender, feel free to give us a call at toll-free.
The firmware version of your wireless extender can be updated while the hardware version of extender can’t be updated and it is permanent. Just follow the step-by-step guide mentioned above to find out the hardware version as well as firmware version of your Linksys extender. But if you failed to find them, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our knowledgeable experts via a phone call, email or live chat. We have a group of specialized technicians to help you out at any time.