“Retirement is supposed to be the great escape from the stresses inherent in most jobs, a time to experience a fulfilling life derived from many enjoyable and rewarding activities.” It’s a time for experiencing new things, the beginning of a new journey, with a lot of time for personal growth and freedom. However, it can be a very difficult journey and a difficult path to tread on, in the beginning, and it’s full of doubts and questions and fears. So, to wish a retiring person, good luck and cheer him up with a little bit of encouragement and boost him or her up, you can gift him or her with some amazing retirement gifts.
Every professional looks forward to their retirement and equally dreads it and his or her life, post-retirement. You can commemorate their last day at work with any of the gift options available online, to not only congratulate them for their hard work and dedication but also their journey and success in it, so far.
Whether it’s your father who’s getting retired or your colleague, you are bound to find something that will touch their hearts. A little bit of personalizing and customizing the gifts, a little bit of sentimentalism always works. Gift them something that will help them to stay occupied during their free time. If he or she is a Sportsperson, gift him or her with a Golf set or a customized Sports jersey.
You could also add some sweet and personal message to thank him or her for their long duration of service and commitment to his work. Appreciate them in little ways and with special gifts. You can also a food basket and a bouquet of his favorite flowers to go along with it. Whatever you give, give it from your heart and it will surely bring a big smile to their face.
However, ideas and money could be an issue as nowadays, the majority of good gifts are expensive and thus, one needs to think twice before deciding to give a gift to someone. So, here are 5 ways you can get more retirement gifts while spending less and make your coworker’s farewell, a memorable one:
- A Handmade card: Retirement is a very sentimental part of every working individual and what better than a handmade card? You put in all your thoughts and emotions and no gift can surpass that feeling of attachment and personal touch. Even better if you can get all his colleagues to sign it or let them pen down their emotions making it the best goodbye. It’s not only easy to make but is also the most inexpensive on the list. However, if you are not creatively challenged, do not worry. You can buy such handmade cards and all you’ll need to do is add your name and gift it.
- A Leather covered Journal: This is the best gift to give the old man. Now when he’ll be wealthy in terms of time he has to himself, he can go on adventures or write down the thoughts and interesting stories of all those years and document his life. He could use it as a travel journal or a personal one. Journal is the best friend of a person, especially if he’s fortunate enough to spend some time in his own company.
- Men’s Shave Set: This set could be one of the best retirement gifts for your male retiring coworker. It features the accessories necessary for a gentleman who loves to regularly groom himself. Be it the shaving cream or the razor or the post-shaving cream, it’s all in there and is also one of the most inexpensive retirement gifts that you can get online or in fact, anywhere.
- A Photo frame: Photos or Photo frames are age-old gifts that are appropriate for almost every other celebration. Be it a wedding, or a birthday, anniversary or a farewell, a photo frame never fails. It is so because photo frames give you the visual and mental pleasure of remembering all the memories and are able to seize a certain moment and it stays there forever. It is also a great retirement gift because it has a personal touch to it and you can customize it according to your choice and preferences. Buy Farewell gifts for friends and Retirement gifts online without even having to spend a huge amount of money.
- A Coin Set: Interesting people love coins, and for that, they need not be a coin collector. Presenting them with a coin set as a gift, has a personal touch to them, and thus, makes it even more special and unique to them, and if it’s a set of foreign coins, it’s altogether an elegant and regal gift. Their unique and unusual designs, to begin with, and their various colors and sizes, foreign coins never fail to intrigue people as it has the ability to evoke images of faraway places and their people. It connects several countries together showing the world’s integrity. Historically ancient or important coins are also a good idea. Another alternative to this gift could be a Stamp collection.